View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 01:28 PM   #17
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIROCKHOUND View Post
Jim: Simple question.

Has there ever been something that you vehamently disagreed with, that your priest said during mass?

If so would you switch parishes?
Bryan,

I can tell you this, every Christmas eve as a child I spent at my grandparents. In college, I was one of the only grand kids that still went to my grandparents house. There were many other places I could've went but I didnt. Well, one Christmas eve while I was 18 or 19, we're watching Harry Connick Jr Christmas special. Aaron Neville or some other black performer came out and my grandfather went on a racist rant. I told him to knock it off, I didnt want to hear that crap especially on Christmas eve, He continued. I said screw this, said goodbye to my grandmother, parents and other family and left. I wont tolerate that crap. I got up an walked out. I also lost a very high level job once but standing my ground and not backing down. I lost the job.
So to your question on church? I was in catholic school from 2nd grade to High School. Anything I vehemently disagreed with? Pretty much everything. Thats why I'm not a practicing catholic.
I'm not putting myself on a pedestal but character and integrity are things I value more that anything. I've said it 1000 times, there is no excuse for Obama or anyone in that church listened to. none.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all