View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #58
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebe View Post
All terrorists are not Muslim. I'd say the guy who shot up the abortion clinic recently could be labeled as a terrorist. White Christian

But for the most part I agree... 98 % of terrorists are Muslim
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Nebe, here's the diffrence. Christianity, as you might imagine from the name, is based on the life of Christ. There is nothing in the teachings of Christ, nothing whatsoever, that anyone could interpret as a call to murder abortion clinic workers.

Islam is a different matter. It is based on the life of Mohammed, who was a bloodthirsty, murderous, barbarian, who killed anyone who had something he wanted. It's easy for me to see why some devoted Muslims feel compelled to act the way the jihadists act.

Now, if the Planned Parenthood murderer claims he was killing in the name of Christianity, I can see where one would label him a Christian terrorist. But if it turns out he's a paranoid schitzophrenic, then it doesn't matter what idea he claims he was promoting.

John Hinkley claimed he shot Reagan because of the actress Jodie Foster. That doesn't mean that Jodie Foster was in any way responsible. If the criminal is sufficiently crazy, I don't think his stated cause is necessarily connected to the crime. All that matters is the mental illness. The Planned Parenthood event may be one of those cases. Or it may not, in which case it's fair to call him a Christian terrorist.