View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 06:29 AM   #52
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
It didn't happen.

During the day on Tuesday(9-11) the embassy in Cairo independently put out a statement condemning the video before any violence began.

-spence
this is comical....I guess the buck stops over there

let's see

unaffiliated "independent" mystery embassy statement-

“[B]The Embassy of the United States in Cairo condemns the continuing efforts by misguided individuals to hurt the religious feelings of Muslims — as we condemn efforts to offend believers of all religions.” So declared the Obama State Department in a statement issued on the website of its Egyptian embassy

Obama statement-

"While the United States rejects efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others, we must all unequivocally oppose the kind of senseless violence that took the lives of these public servants," Obama said.

this seems a bit backward to me, Obama has, and many of his most ardent supporters routinely denigrate the religious beliefs of others, it's practically a sport with many on the "intellectual left"....I don't recall any opposition or apologies.....

the second part of the statement is what should have been first.... senselessly murdering someone or burning buildings because someone on the other side of the planet offended your sensibilities would seem to be the logical object of your scorn...wouldn't it? I don't think the first and the second deserve equal treatment...not even close

Last edited by scottw; 09-16-2012 at 06:36 AM..