View Single Post
Old 06-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #11
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Wasn't your initial statement "That's the politics and the tactics of the far-left. When they identify the opposition, they isolate, demonize, marginalize, and silence"? When I give you examples you state that every party has a "lunatic fringe" and dismiss the statement yet you don't recognize that there is lunatic fringe on both sides. While you did say the "far" left, you usually don't include that. I'm guessing that it is because you have been called on it many, many times.

So it isn't really the tactics of the left but really only the tactics of the lunatic fringe on the left?

So what did I make up?

What % of the tea party believed (and still believe) Pres. Obama wasn't born here? I bet it was a significantly higher % than of the general pop.

If you think everyone who responds to your posts is going to respond to every point like you do, you still haven't figured this whole interweb thing out. I have no interest in responding to every line of your (or anyone else's) posts and prob. won't respond to any other follow ups.
"So what did I make up?"
"What % of the tea party believed (and still believe) Pres. Obama wasn't born here?"

Do you see the folly in these quotes? You admit that you have no idea what % of tea partiers believe Obama wasn't born here. Incredibly, that didn't stop you from saying that "basically the entire Tea Party" believes that.

"I bet it was a significantly higher % than of the general pop."

I'm sure you're correct. But that's not what you said earlier. If 1% of the population believes Obama is a Muslim, but 5% of the Tea Party believes that, that doesn't constitute "basically the whole tea party".

Stop moving the goal posts every time you back yourself into a corner, and you'll be taken more seriously.

"I have no interest in responding to every line of your (or anyone else's) posts "

You'd be better off responding to even less of my posts, because you aren't presenting yourself very well.