Thread: Scott Brown
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #35
JohnR
Certifiable Intertidal Anguiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNG View Post
Thats Lt Colonel Scott Brown, Senator from Massachusetts
I know, my comment was a snark against O. Unfortunatley, I believe he has to resign his commision to serve in the Senate. Not sure on that though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyD View Post
I fail to see the correlation between military experience and qualifications for public office. Joining the military is one of the most honorable things a person can do, but I don't think it necessarily qualifies them as a better candidate than someone else.

If Obama had served in the Marines, would that change anyone's opinion of him?
I would have had a significantly more favorable rating had he been a Marine LT, Captain, or Grunt - even a zoomie - might have voted for him had he accumulated that kind of experience.

For me, Military Experience / Service - even a LTC in the Guard (JAG experience not included) is worth 33% of a yeh and the lack there of almost guarantees a neh for me when it comes to The Office of the President for me. To lead people in life or death situations, even deadly training for the possibility of that, makes someone significantly more capable of making those hard decisions if need be. To understand what the ramifications truly are when you make a decision as president, or to yeh or nay an appropriations bill concerning the military is a tremendous plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
Leadership.
Bingo, duck falls from the ceiling.

~Fix the Bait~ ~Pogies Forever~

Striped Bass Fishing - All Stripers

Kobayashi Maru Election - there is no way to win.

Apocalypse is Coming: