View Single Post
Old 12-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
GregW
Secretsquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jredfly View Post
Looking at colleges for Baitboy, can't believe he is 17. I am very proud of him, his grades and SAT scores are good enough for any Ivy League but it is so competitive now it is like hitting the lottery if you get in. This is our first child going off to college, if anyone has any recent experience with this and could suggest a good school that he should maybe look into, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Unless money is not an issue for your family, my opinion would be to go ivy league or state. The in-between schools cost a ton more, and I don't see the added value. Ivy leagues will certainly get you some more opportunities, and only your family can weigh the cost vs. opportunity options. I got into some of the bigger schools and couldn't see the point in paying 40k a year for a very similar education. I've worked along side some of these kids and certainly didn't see a difference in the level of education. Graduating with little to no debt can set you up for success. Some people are graduating with 250k of student debt and no job prospects.
GregW is offline   Reply With Quote