View Single Post
Old 08-27-2008, 12:38 PM   #1
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Another one for the Obama camp

Just ran across some old news.
How do you Obama supporters reconcile this with the Wright comments? Imus, who makes comedic remarks vs. a priest whos audience contains families and children.
Obama said, dont judge Wrights comments out of context, look at his whole life. While Imus runs a non-profit camp for kids with cancer and has hosted hundreds of black children?

Obama: Fire Imus
Obama First White House Contender to Call for Imus' Firing Over Racial Slur
In an interview with ABC News Wednesday afternoon, Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., called for the firing of talk radio host Don Imus. Obama said he would never again appear on Imus' show, which is broadcast on CBS Radio and MSNBC television.

"I understand MSNBC has suspended Mr. Imus," Obama told ABC News, "but I would also say that there's nobody on my staff who would still be working for me if they made a comment like that about anybody of any ethnic group. And I would hope that NBC ends up having that same attitude."
"He didn't just cross the line," Obama said. "He fed into some of the worst stereotypes that my two young daughters are having to deal with today in America. The notions that as young African-American women -- who I hope will be athletes -- that that somehow makes them less beautiful or less important. It was a degrading comment. It's one that I'm not interested in supporting."

stereotypes? degrading? Imus' commetns were bad comedy, nothing else. Wrights comments were white stereotypes, and degrading to many including the tens of thousands who lost friends and family on 9/11.

So how do Obama supporters reconcile this?

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all