View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 09:50 AM   #22
The Dad Fisherman
Super Moderator

Yikes...who pissed in your corn flakes this morning...

What's funny is I agree with everything you say here.....I try and teach my kids the same thing.....but if your daughter had said the black woman, does that mean she is treating somebody as inferior, no, she's just using a descriptor...just like the blue shirt.

I had a discussion with my wife's aunt and my sister-in-law one night (rather heated) about women being treated as inferior in the workplace. My sister-in-law brought up the example that she worked for a company for 5 years and they just hired somebody, male, for more money than she was making, and she was screaming sexual descrimination.

I made the argument that it was just the business world. While she was getting her annual 4-5% raises the job market was dictating that the position was growing by 10-12% and that is why he came in at a higher salary.

and I said that there is no way in the business world they are going to give you more money just because it seems unfair to you. Unfortunately if you want the same salary you will probably have to make the decision to leave.

Not everytime a Woman or Minority doesn't get what they want makes it descrimination. sometimes you just weren't right for the job or fell short of your goals.

BTW I was lucky I survived that night...both my Bro-in-law and uncle bailed on me as soon as we started the debate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
by having a mission based on a color line, it infers there is a color line. Which in turn creates a color line.

Example, I have a 4 and 6 year old. They just started a new preschool this past Monday. It is run by an African American and her sister, who is called Miss Jessica.
Yesterday, my 6 yr old went on a filed trip, I asked her who took them. She said it was Miss Jessica, I asked was she there when I picked you up? She said yes, she is the woman in the blue shirt....

Get it? She did not respond she was the "black" person. Why? Because we have NO COLOR LINE in my family. Who paints the color line in America? The victim pimps, Sharpton, Jackson and LIBERALS. Get over it, move on and get to work.
15 years I have been in a hiring position in major financial instituitons, I have hired dozens of people and interviewed hunderds, I have hired Indian people, muslims, asians ,,,,,I have never even interviewed on African American, not one! Is that becasue the white man is keeping them down? DF - how do you explain the influx of Indians into the IT world, I work with dozens of Indians, they do not have the best language skills, the have very dark skin, they retain their culture. I have some Indian neighbors and they walk arounf the neighborhood in saris. How in the world can foreigners, Indians, come into the country, look different, act different, speak different and yet BE VERY SUCCESSFUL?????????? Where is all this RACISM I hear about?????????????How come Indians are not "repressed"?????? One answer - they do not ACT like victims. They do NOT EXPECT anything, they WORK for it.

"If you're arguing with an idiot, make sure he isn't doing the same thing."