View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #107
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I found it very helpful to impose bans via the User CP. If we all did it, Paul, nebe, Spence, RIRock and I could have our own private threads about corporate tax loopholes and the value of insurance and preventative care in driving down health costs. The four J's and their compadres could lament life in the gulag that is Obama's America
I don't like corporate tax-cheats (though Obama, for all his talk, doesn't seem to mind corporate tax cheats, at least not GE...)...

I think health insurance is very valuable (which is why it isn't cheap).

Preventative care drives down costs? Hardly. Preventative care is cheaper for the folks whose problem is identified earlier. But that savings is usually more than offset by the cost of administering the preventative care to huge numbers of people who turn out to be healthy. If preventative care reduced costs, then who on Earth would be opposed to it? By the way, I'm not saying we do away with preventative care...but it usually does not lower aggregate costs...

Life is not a gulag under Obama. But he as added trillions to our debt. He has failed to do one single thing to fix social security and Medicare, meaning that the solutions will have to be that much more drastic whenever we get around to it. Those things make us less free, do they not?