Thread: Questions...Ask
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 06:30 AM   #17
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbones View Post
First, is a trucker hat with the phrase "Git er done" appropriate for a Christening? My argument is that it's fine as long as I am wearing my good jeans (without any holes) and my Sunday flannel shirt. Also, I'll take the hat off during the National Anthem.
Hats don't belong in church period, or so my mom used to tell me.

Please make sure your flannel has sleeves, and if you're secretly listening to the start of the race during the sermon...you're probably going to hell.

Quote:
Second, are pork rinds and Andy Capp Pub Fries considered appetizers? I say yes, and my clueless wife say's they aren't and refuses to serve them at a dinner party. She says that she doesn't want to be embarrassed in front of her boss. I just think she thinks that something called croupdee tays is more fancier.
First off, no right minded woman would bet a pint of any liquor with a hunting motif on the label. Next time you're downstairs, I suggest you check again just to make sure that chorizo she claims she lifted from Shaws doesn't really need refridgeration.

But to the point, pork rinds and Capp'ers are perfectly OK as starters as long as the first course is A) Beer or B) being served in the big parking lot in Loudon, NH.

If the boss really is invited I'd say split the pint of Turkey and get out the camera. There will be no need to worry about embarrasment again.

-spence
spence is offline   Reply With Quote