View Single Post
Old 01-27-2020, 10:19 AM   #21
PaulS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
ummmm, hunter got a job in, of all countries, the one country that his father was the point man in. of all the countries in the world, Hunter had to get a cushy board job in that country.that does not prove ANY corruption or anything illegal.

Again, if the biden’s didn’t do
anything wrong, Trump looks stupid for asking for an investigation.

Paul, we all have different thresholds for what’s suspicious. this is beyond that threshold for me.

I’m no brain dead zombie. i think trump probably threatened to withhold the aid. i just don’t see it as anywhere near impeachable. biden bragged about withholding aid from the same country unless they did what he wanted. so threatening to withhold aid, by itself, was ok when biden did it.

If the big deal is personal benefit ( helping trump get re elected), obviously they all do things to help them get the elected, and many of those things involve the use of public resources. The obama administration used public resources to deceive the FISA court to get permission to spy on the Trump campaign.

One of you, i think it was you, said that learning the truth about what the burdens did there, benefits no one except Trump. That’s beyond absurd.Never said no such thing and not even sure I know what you mean.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
The reason Trump wanted an investigation - actually not an investigation but "the announcement of an investigation" was bc it would tar the Biden's. He would be touting the announcement and he knows that would hurt the Biden's. By the time it would be over (but since he didn't want an actual investigation - nothing would probably end) Biden would be hurt. Trump knew Biden was his biggest opponent.

This is similar to Benghazi and how McCarthy admitted that the real reason for the prolonged investigation was to hurt H. Clinton politically. How scummy is that, that McCarthy would use dead Americans to score political points.

To think Trump was concerned with any corruption anywhere is laughable.