View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 03:03 PM   #7
Rockfish9

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineyardblues View Post
Lucky ducks , still open water around this location
nice catch , you eat them ?
took the big one... washed and applied a liberal coating of sea salt and cracked black pepper to the body cavity..,in melted butter and a touch of Veg. oil I sauted about a 1/4 cup of vadallia onions, 1/4 cup of celery and about a dozen leaves fresh tarragon and about the same of fresh parsley leaves from the garden ( I keep a hot box around the herbs all winter)these were finely chopped and added to the mix ... once the onions, celery and herbs were ready I crumbled in about 2 cups of corn bread ( I keep individual corn breads in the freezer for these ocasions.. we eat lot of fish and Love corn bread with fish, thus bake them all at once and freeze after vacume sealing) I added enough melted butter to bind the mixure and added it to the body cavity.. I rubbed the outside( skin side) with a generous amount of olive oil/veg. oli mix and popped it in a 350 oven for 45 minutes... the flesh of this critter was salmon pink.. and i can honestly say.. there aint nothing sweeter than fresh caught fish especialy when it just came through the ice... I enjoyed mine with a ice cold Sam winter larger...

A good run is better than a bad stand!
Rockfish9 is offline   Reply With Quote