View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 11:20 AM   #99
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdmso View Post
Because we have ways of preparing and screening. Clearly

But I thought we were told that "we" (meaning Trump) were woefully unprepared in just about every respect, including screening.

. But you left out who's in charge , Fauci didn't stick with his 1st impression. he evolved. TRUMP never evolved until he couldn't wish it away.

In charge of what? Fauci and the medical "experts" were in charge of diagnosing conditions and advising what the risk was. You say he "evolved." So did Trump, in accordance with the same reality that informed Fauci. Of course, it is impossible for you to admit that, so must characterize it as "until he couldn't wish it away." It's that mind reading trick you use whenever you need to bash Trump without solid evidence in order to tell us what he REALLY was thinking.

I dont understand the lengths people go to defend this guy.

As Jim said you're the one going to stupefying lengths to attack the guy.

Why it's an outrageous idea to hold the POTUS accountable for his poor judgement

It must be even more outrageous to you to point out his good judgment.

There's a saying about leadership in the military You can delegate authority but you can't delegate the responsibility Trump and his supporters are saying oh yes you can....
That's a very general statement. I suppose the implication is, if you're the President you're responsible for the poor judgment of those to whom you've delegated authority. So, if that's the case, then why is there this incessant accusation that Trump does not listen to or disagrees with his appointees. What is so precious about their opinions if they are not responsible for them.

I'm just guessing . . . I think most folks, especially anti-Trumpers, want Trump to abide by the decisions and opinions of the medical experts such as Fauci, rather than disregarding them and taking on the responsibility himself of judging what needs to be done.

Also, in spite of the notion that you and so many have that the President has the sole, or even major, responsibility, for doing what is necessary to fight the virus, that is not the case. You're implicit "downplaying" the responsibility of state and local authorities which are actually the front line and most responsible for fighting that war according to the national blueprint which was created for preparing for and fighting pandemics.