View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 07:41 AM   #10
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post
Also PaulS, the Wright and Ayers stuff is not a "lie" Whats a lie is that Obamas campaign manager said Obama did not know his past, thats a lie. I think its valid to address the people Obama has associated with. Pretty scary idealists. I dont think it made sense to bring up in the context of the debate, there are more pressing things to consider.
Saying that Obama was "palling" around with terrorists is a lie.

I think the relationship with Wright is far more suspect than Ayers to be honest. Unfortunately McCain already took Wright off of the table for the most part.

The entire Ayers argument is a joke. Yes, Obama has tried to minimize his exposure (like duh) but I've never seen anything that indicates the relationship went beyond the good (education for kids) and only flirted with sponsorship (Ayers supporting Obama for the IL sentate). Yes he was a violent 60's radical (in the 60's mind you) but it would appear as though he has reformed himself and has worked hard for education issues and to be a respected professor. The board that Obama chaired had several local prominent republicans on it as well.

One thing is for sure, that using a 60's relic to bring attention to Obama's Muslim heritage and somehow associate him with modern day radical Islamism...is certainly appaling.

The video clips of Palin's events with the crowd shouting "terrorist" and "kill him" are surreal to say the least. And she just stands there and smiles? The entire "he's not like us" argument is code speech, and very dangerous.

-spence