View Single Post
Old 10-01-2021, 05:34 PM   #119
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
Glenn Greenwald sanitizes the conservative movement's racist views on immigration; claims that a lot of the anger at immigrants is valid; shares that he's always been conservative; laments that the working class dream is dead.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
Now that your lie that Greenwald has "always sounded and acted like a Trumpist" has been debunked by the above video, it's that time for you to throw in some more vague and undefined accusations. It's what you do. It's not clear what you mean by "sanitizes". Nor which supposedly "racist" views. Many things have been called "racist" by the left when they actually aren't. "Racist" has become the chief empty but magic leftist word to attack targets on the right . And most of the anger re "immigration" is not directed at the immigrants, but to the politicians and agencies that support and abet what the ILLEGAL immigrants are doing. It is the illegal part, not the immigration part, that stirs up anger. And if he "shares" that he has always been a conservative, what does he mean by "conservative"? Does he want to conserve the founding poiitical system of government? I think so. Is he a Republican? I definitely don't think so. Does he want to conserve various iconic American values? I think so. Does he lean toward many social, political, and economic Progressive policies. I think so. And if he laments that the working class dream is dead, that doesn't sound much different than your lamentations about it.

I don't think he uses the kill the messenger tactic in order to persuade, like some on this forum resort do. Nor does he resort to constant insinuation and conjecture and outright repeated lies. He just plainly, with back-up and proof and documentation, tells it like it is.

Do I believe that everything he says or thinks or supports is, in my opinion, right and good? Absolutely not. Do I think he actually believes what he says and is not bull$hitting us to gain money, power, acclaim, or to win an argument? Yes, I think he is a straight shooter. Do I believe that he is lying for the supposedly greater good? No, I think he tells what he considers the truth, regardless of who or which "side" is hurt by it.

Last edited by detbuch; 10-01-2021 at 05:41 PM..