View Single Post
Old 06-10-2018, 09:55 PM   #4
MikeD

Quote:
Originally Posted by piemma View Post
As a wood cutter at a golf course I cut everyday. We had Husqies but they would die on the guys. I started bringing my Stihls to work and now the club is buying Stihls.
As an aside, I have 15 acres and am always cutting. I have tried every brand over the course of 45 years here and Stihl is the only way to go. Just be advised that the new Stihls have a problem with a computer chip that runs the fuel. I have been told that the new MS 362 is junk. I run a few old "0" series. 028AV Super, 034, 036.
I do have a new saw a MS271 which I use for limbing and smaller trees and it runs fine.
A little bit of an aside question for you. I bought the Husqvarna 450 and after everything I read I definitely wish I went with a Stihl. BUT, so far the thing has been great (2+ years) After this seasons noreaster march I feel like I went from guy that can cut some cord wood to guy that can do ice sculptures at a party. Its got the 20" bar and seems to have great power. I've been using the rip off canned gas with no ethanol and making sure the chain oil is always good. Any other tips for keeping her humming?
MikeD is offline   Reply With Quote