View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 08:58 PM   #14
stripermaineiac

Scott hit the nail on the head. the NFPA regs are very good tools.Any motor that sparks in any way must be outside the vent chamber. To prevent explosive mixtures the vent chamber must be large enough not to allow this based on the ammount of airflow produced and the mix of combustibles in the airflow. remember coffee mate will explode in the right mix.If you have the motor where it and the fumes can mix it will go boom in time. I've fought fires caused by this.There are systems out there to do this safely. Remember it's yours and your familys home. If you can't do it right find away to paint outside.You'de be better off using 2 box fans blowing air from behind you out an open window in front of you to blow the fumes outside instead of s#^&#^&#^&#^&#^&g them out the window through the fan.A long time ago I went to school for this. the summer after I graduated I rescued a freind of mine from his home autobody shop that blew up with him in it due to poor venting and the wrong type of fans. I paint outside and dry inside.Ron
stripermaineiac is offline   Reply With Quote