View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #39
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
Hey Jim, did you see this?

After President Obama’s announcement, opposition to gay marriage hits record low - The Washington Post

It's interesting to read remarks by black pastors in the US who oppose gay marriage.

Doesn't sound like a bigot as much as someone who respectfully disagrees.

Who's wearing the "God Hates Fags" shirts?

Who's blamed 9/11 and natural disasters on gays?

-spence
"Opposition to gay marriage hits record low after Obama's announcement"...

I guess that explains why gay marriage has been approved in so many public referendums? Oh wait...Obama won NC in 2008 by a large margin. Very recently, the citizens of NC, the same folks who voted for Obama, overwhelmingly opposed gay marriage.

Spence, I'm not opposed to gay marriage, so no need to preach to the choir. All I said was, it's interesting that you apply your outrage over homophobia, very selectively...namely, only to whites. You have done nothing, nothing, to explain this (no need, we all know the reason).

"It's interesting to read remarks by black pastors in the US who oppose gay marriage."

Interesting. You said pastor"s", menaing plural. Yet you cite one. One.

So when blacks oppose gay marriage, they "respectfully disagree". But no bigotry. Do I have that right?

"Who's wearing the "God Hates Fags" shirts? Who's blamed 9/11 and natural disasters on gays?"

No one who is truly a Catholic or a Christian. No one who is to be taken seriously. Has the CEO of Chick Fil-A worn such a shirt?

Spence, allow me to re-cap this most inane, insipid of posts...when blacks oppose gay marriage, they are not hatemongers, but rather, they are folks who "respectfully disagree". When white Christians oppose gay marriage, according to you, they can all be grouped into the category of folks who wear "God Hates Fags" tshirts?

Spence, the folloing question destroys your argument. John McCain is vehemently opposed to gay marriage. Spence, you're telling me that John McCain (the guy who adopted an orphaned girl from Bangladesh) is no better, morally, than someone who wears a tshirt that says "God hates fags"?

GOOD LUCK ANSWERING THAT QUESTION. It blows away your idiotic theory, and it traps you in a corner with no escape. None. Of course, that won't stop you from repeating this nonsense tomorrow. Sorry to interrupt a real hum-dinger of a liberal rant with common sense and facts.

Spence, what you did is the ultimate cowardly, intellectually dishonest, cheap shot. You know that you cannot explan rationally why liberals are OK with blacks opposing gay marriage, but liberals can't tolerate whites who oppose gay marriage. So rather than admit the obvious truth that there is hypocrisy at play here, you try to claim that blacks who oppose gay marriage are OK because they still support Obama, or because they don't really hate homosexuals. But whites who oppose gay marriage are all, ALL OF THEM, equivalent to the folks who wear "God hates fags" tshirts.

Spence, if you had any intellectual honesty, and in truth you probably didn't, you just flushed it down the toilet. You're a poster boy for all that is contemptuous of liberalism...you are the closed-minded bigot who knows that he cannot engage those who disagree with you in an honest conversation. Rather than do the civilized thing and admit I have a point, you claim we're all a bunch of loathsome hatemongers.

You are an intellectual liar and coward. For God's sake, this is an issue upon which we agree, and yet you had to play the bigot card as soon as I started asking some fair and probing questions.

Spence, what does it say about your beliefs, that you cannot begin to defend them honestly, when subjected to such innocent scrutiny? All you can do, all you ever do, is eventually accuse those who disagree with you of hate and bigotry. That's the ultimate intellectual surrender from the jerks on your side of the aisle.

When I ask a fair question from now on, why don't you just not respond, rather than make such a horse's ass out of yourself?

Last edited by Jim in CT; 07-29-2012 at 06:51 PM..