View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 10:39 AM   #83
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmy View Post
I keep reading this and IT is unbelievable. You are saying you can't continue because none of the Pennsylvania Dutch came for religious freedom? You are factually wrong. I feel like I could show some of the people in this thread an orange and they would argue it is a banana. "...they were stoked after they named the state after them"? wtf? The groups that are considered the Pennsylvania dutch came from mostly Germany, Switzerland and Alsace. As a group they were called the dutch when they arrived and now they are called the PA dutch settled in south central PA. Where the h do you come up with that last line? Apparently I know my ancestral history a bit better than you.

How many times do I have to repeat that the constitution was not ratified 400years ago. I stated that I think this is the best place on Earth and has been for 400 years and all you and that scott guy can do is repeat that the country isn't 400 years old over and over? For awhile I thought you were able to have a conversation w/out the Scott type idiocy. Too bad it got to this point. I enjoy the relatively reasonable discussion to which many people have been able to reasonably contribute.
when did I say no one came for religious freedom? Its the adjective "pennslyvania" I have a problem with. Sure many religious people came here.
you're really missing my point, which was meant to be humorous, however factual. Not one single person that settled here was called "pennsylvalia" dutch. get it? there was no pennslyvnia when they came here. they were just dutch.

Last edited by RIJIMMY; 03-11-2011 at 10:44 AM..

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all