Thread: 8/20-8/21
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #8
Mr. Sandman

what RIROCKHOUND said...as soon as you are down enough to hold whats on deck, unload it and store the containers.
Not a huge fan of bladders for gas. Diesel is probably OK but you can not move a bladder and if you leak you're screwed. (and they have leaked) The 17 gal hard plastic containers (the 15's hold just about 17) are rugged and you can move them. Also they have a slick 8gpm hand pump that moves a lot of fuel in a hurry with no drips. The disadvantage is storage, you need space to put them when they are empty. (http://flofast.com/) I know guys that who tried this and sold their bladder once using this. Luckily I hold enough in my boat for a single engine set up where I don't need them for a weekends fishing and I don't like the idea of messing with fuel out on the water but if I did, this is what I would use, and if I had gas, this is for sure what I would use. You can actually use this when it is pretty sloppy out and not end up with issues that keep you up at night. If you are going to use a 55 gal steel drum, check out their pump for that ap.

Last edited by Mr. Sandman; 08-22-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Mr. Sandman is offline   Reply With Quote