View Single Post
Old 09-19-2018, 10:18 AM   #30
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Not saying he shouldn't be confirmed but have an independent investigatative arm of the gov. (the FBI) do an investigation and have a fair hearing w/witnesses.

And Orrin Hatch said

“The judge who I know very, very well, is an honest man, said this didn’t happen,” Hatch said, according to The Hill.

Sounds like he has already made his mind up that K is innocent so the so called hearing will be a joke.
"have an independent investigatative arm of the gov. (the FBI) do an investigation and have a fair hearing w/witnesses."

I have no quarrel with that, but its very likely it will boil down to he said / she said. And the time to do this, as Senator Feinstein well knows, was when the FBI was already doing his background check. Paul, why do you suppose they didn't ask for the investigation then, in which case this would be behind us now?

"The judge who I know very, very well, is an honest man, said this didn’t happen,” Hatch said, according to The Hill."

He shouldn't be saying that, it's wrong for him to say that.

Now Paul, what do you think of Senator Horino, saying on TV that we "need to believe" Kavanaugh's accuser? She has also made up her mind ahead of time, which further contributes to the hearing being a joke.

I cannot possibly know what happened. But I'm pretty certain that the allegation will never be proven to any rational level of certainty, in which case no one should oppose his nomination based on this event.

I gotta hand it to the democrats, this is win-win. If they derail his nomination, and they re-take the senate, they can stop Trump from shifting the court to the right. If he gets confirmed, all of them will be shrieking right up until the midterms, that republicans have no empathy for victims of sexual assault. The only political risk, is that if this tactic (it's pretty underhanded) turns off voters in the key swing states. Sure it will increases the margin of victory in places where they would have won anyway, but does it help in WV and OH? We'll see.

Paul, why do you suppose that Senator Horino says we need to believe Kavanaugh';s accuser, but she's not saying we need to believe Keith Ellison's accuser? This kind of dirty fighting from the left is exactly why Trump got elected, and at times like this I thank God we have a POTUS who is more than wiling to take off the boxing gloves, and out on the brass knuckles, when his opponents do the same.