View Single Post
Old 05-20-2020, 09:28 AM   #45
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
93,594 dead
The world’s wealthiest country with 4% of the world’s population has 28% of the dead from Covid-19
Tweety’s bragging and you’re defending
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
You dodged my question. Gee, I wonder why??

I'm not defending his tweets. I asked, since you defended Bill Clinton, what you would say about a modern-day POTUS who was a serial abuser of women, who had ties to admitted segregationists (I left that out last time), and who advocated cutting social services to fund capital gains tax cuts?

Any particular reason why you cannot answer that?

If your beliefs are so flimsy as to render you helpless in the face of such an obvious question, maybe it's time to question your beliefs.

Early on, Trump took one step to try and curtain the virus, he restricted travel from China. Your side was almost unanimous in saying that he over-reacted, that the virus wasn't serious enough to justify that. So please tell me, by what logic could anyone assume the death count would be lower if Hilary had won, or if Biden was running things? Safe to say that they would have done even less than Trump early on. So how would you presume we'd be better off? How many died because the Village Idiot Gov Cuomo forced nursing homes to admit covid-positive patients? Is that Trumps fault?