View Single Post
Old 01-22-2015, 05:05 AM   #46
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Yet the chart I posted said that worldwide demand was at an all-time high in 2014. Who knows what to think...
you and Paul are cute, you'd make great room mates

I'm sure it was, it's something we can always expect to hit all-time highs......countries whose demand slumped with the recession are back to previous levels with a few exceptions, developing countries...the slump in demand 2007-now was due to a supply problem(money supply)

I guess we can give O credit for a tick or two in lower demand during that time...for his Cafe standards that don't take effect until 2016 and 2025....for the cash for clunkers program that was a joke we all remember and saving GM and then heavily subsidizing a horribly performing product...the investments like Solyndra and MANY others that didn't quite pan out

.....can we also give him credit for the many ticks up in debt for what we spent on those items?

I like the technology, my next vehicle (looking now for a teenager with a permit) will likely be a Prius or something like that but I don't want the govt picking winners and heavily subsidizing these things as their record had been dismal...particularly with this bunch...thought that was the much hated corporate welfare, I guess it's ok as long a genius progressives are doling it out for their pet projects