View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 07:58 AM   #28
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dangles View Post
I just feel the benefits would outweigh any potential negatives if this were to happen. What could possibly happen that could be construed as a hazard to this idea? The need for religion should have been eliminated long ago when science explained just how bogus some of the principals of organized religion really are. I do understand this is unlikely and I hope this is not interpreted the wrong way. This forum is constant proof that being religious does not preclude one from being an A whole. I also know plenty of folks here who are more compassionate and generous than those who hide behind a cross.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
I guess this means you have no facts think(or research) back to aetheist dictated societies and tell us what history tell us? is it possible that those who leverage religion for evil means are in fact, aetheist or simply evil, since they are doing everything that their "religion" would direct them not to and the opposite of what is utlimately professed by their "faith"?...would eliminating religion all together reduce evil deeds?...would eliminating religion eliminate the ire that the religious and others have drawn through history from those that used their religion and other things as a weapon against them? it seems to me that evil is pretty indiscriminate but picks the low hanging fruit... for that answer please look back at your historical research .....

do atheists believe in evil?