View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 03:10 PM   #719
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Allegations? She had a receipt and a note from him. was it 4 kids w/4 woman (tough to keep track of his lies)? Where are his tax returns showing his charitable donations from the company he owned which claimed a % of the earnings were going to charity? Do a search. Candidates like him are why the Rs may not take back the senate.

A few different stories of the evangelical's favorite candidate:

Five weeks out from Election Day, Herschel Walker and his campaign are learning the very basics of crisis communications, including rudimentary lessons like “when the pro-life Senate candidate in Georgia paid for a girlfriend’s abortion and his staffers know about the matter, it’s probably a good idea to have a game plan ready for when the story comes out.” But since the Daily Beast reported that the former football star paid $700 for a girlfriend to terminate a pregnancy in 2009 — and sent a get-well card with his signature on it — the campaign has been scrambling to respond.

It began with an outright denial on Monday with Walker calling the story a “flat-out lie” on Twitter and threatening to sue the Daily Beast over what he said was defamation. That same night, he went on Fox News with a less combative approach. While he still denied that he paid for the abortion, Walker did acknowledge the evidence against him, including a copy of the check, the receipt from the abortion clinic, and a get-well card with his handwriting. “I send money to a lot of people,” he told Sean Hannity.

By Wednesday morning, Walker all but admitted to paying for the abortion. “People see someone sitting in front of you right now that’s been redeemed,” he told Fox & Friends co-host Brian Kilmeade. “And I want America to know I’m living proof that you can make mistakes, get up, and keep going forward.” Walker also responded strangely to a viral tirade from his son, Christian, in which his eldest child berated him for lying, claimed that the handwriting in the card was his father’s, and alleged that his father “threatened to kill us and had us move over six times in six months running from your violence.” His answer — that Christian represented “the left” doing “whatever they can to win this seat” — didn’t make too much sense considering that his son is a conservative influencer.

In September 2011, ESPN was rolling out its new documentary about Herschel Walker — but the man of the hour wouldn’t be at the big premiere because, he said, he had real work to do.

“I have to head back to Arkansas for a sales meeting at my chicken factory,” Walker told ESPN at the time. “I have a regular job. I have to go back to work.”

Walker emphasized that there was much more to him than the star football player who won the Heisman Trophy at the University of Georgia and played in the NFL.

“They don’t know that I have this food service company; I have a drapery company and I supervise six hospitals around the United States,” he said.

In December, Walker’s campaign website falsely claimed that he had graduated from the University of Georgia, the school he left after his junior season to play professionally. (Walker’s campaign deleted the claim after the Atlanta Journal-Constitution inquired about it.) In April, CNN’s KFile team revealed that Walker himself had made the false graduation claim for years – and that Walker had even asserted that he graduated in the top 1% of his University of Georgia class.

But when Walker was challenged about his graduation deception in an interview last week with FOX 5 Atlanta anchor Russ Spencer, Walker declared he had never once said he graduated from the University of Georgia.
and there’s a police report of war nick running over his wife’s foot.

I’m not overly impressed by walker, but it’s a binary choice, and republicans are going go to vote for the republican. it’s a choice between two very weird and unimpressive guys.

you’re 100% right about the evidence the girlfriend has. if he paid for an abortion, he should say it and let the voters decide.

Walker has serious credibility issues, and warnicknhas questionable sanity. Warlock said americans cannot serve both god and the military. his words. and he votes on wars now.