View Single Post
Old 05-12-2006, 07:22 AM   #36
swanny

Wee, I have things I like best about each boat. The marquesa w/out rudder is a much better performing boat than the t140 w/out a rudder. It tracks better and just feels less sloppy when paddling. If you have a rudder on a 140 than that's not an issue any more. a t140 w/rudder is a better tracking boat than the heritage w/out hands down. As far as speed it is close but I would say the marquesa is a touch faster. The marquesa also sits you a little higher. The t140 seat system is the best of any sot in my opinion. I can go 6-8 hours easy in it w/out getting out. The marquesa is another story 4 or 5 and I need to stretch and adjust. Mine is last years model with the factory seat so an aftermarket seat might help alot and I know the 06 model has a better seat. Both boats rig great and no difference except that the 140 has that rear hatch which makes rodholders an easy install with nuts/bolts whereas the heritage requires wellnuts or you need to add a hatch for rear rod holders. I've caught alot of great fish out of both and don't think anybody would be disappointed with either but if forced to choose I would keep the t140.

night- I think the north shore would be sweet. Maybe we could put a team together and fish some tourneys. Just got back from a yak fishing tourney in Jamaica bay - NY. There is 2 possibly 3 more tourneys this summer. King cove - stonington conn in June and the NEKF rodeo up north shore in august. I would like to fish up your way this year a little more and I wouldn't mind hosting some guys who want to fish RI this year. I fish newport and sakonnet alot as well as narr bay in spring.

Last edited by swanny; 05-12-2006 at 07:30 AM..
swanny is offline   Reply With Quote