Thread: Bluegrass
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 05:51 PM   #10
Crafty Angler
Geezer Gone Wild

Byron Berline is a big favorite of mine - I've been listening to him since the early '70's got a good bit of his stuff on vinyl...damn, another dig in the works.

Big fan of Doc Watson - have seen him both with and without Merle, his son.

Photographed Doc from the press box at the Newport Folk Festival and got some good shots - boy, it was so obvious how much Merle's tragic death pained him, it seemed to infuse the music - if you get a chance, try listening to Docabilly for something a little different from Doc - it's awesome.

Alison Krauss and Union Station has gained a lot of popularity - seeing them live a few years back just confirmed the quality of them individually and as a group for me - I'd love to see them again. Their Live album is in constant rotation on my CD in the car - it's what I listen to when I'm leaving for a night of fishing -

"There is no royal road to this heavy surf-fishing. With all the appliances for comfort experience can suggest, there is a certain amount of hard work to be done and exposure to be bourne as a part of the price of success." From "Striped Bass," Scribner's Magazine, 1881.
Crafty Angler is offline   Reply With Quote