View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 10:43 AM   #5
FishermanTim

I could see that if they were jigging or tossing plugs, but tossing eels there is just plain stupid.

The current and the swimming eels will ALWAYS get dragged to the shore. In the 20+ years I have fished there NOBODY has ever fished live bait there because of the currents.

I will (and have in the past) move to another spot when it gets crowded, but that's because everyone is tossing lures.
Even the bait slingers don't drift that far, mainly because they have weighted lines.

Sorry, but if you expect to commandeer the entire shoreline east of Pip's Rip because you don't know what you are doing, you are sadly mistaken and will find out rather quickly that you don't own the shoreline.

Now if they chose to drift eels at high tide there would not be a problem due to the lack of fishable rocks along the jetty.
But at low tide the entire shore below the rocks is exposed and used by many anglers.

I would have commented then and there, but when dealing with any person using lowbrow vocabulary, it's best to avoid them because of their unstable nature.

Like I said, after they left I caught a fish, so it wasn't a really bad night after all...

I am a legend in my own mind!
FishermanTim is offline   Reply With Quote