Thread: Is this true??
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 08:48 AM   #37
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Well isn't that what do do constantly? You find some liberal that did something you don't like and start a thread about the damn liberals.

Reagan would have problem these days. He incr. taxes. Nixon started the EPA. A hero like McCain gets made fun off and Trumps popularity goes up. Both sides have crazies but the Repubs. Have gotten way worse.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"You find some liberal that did something you don't like and start a thread about the damn liberals."

True, to an extent. But when I do that, I'm usually pointing out a policy platform that is embraced by liberals in general. There are certain generalizations you can make about each side (liberals are pro-union, conservatives don't like increased gun control,etc).

"A hero like McCain gets made fun off and Trumps popularity goes up"

That's a source of shame to me, you are 100% correct there. My best explanation is that people are so sick of hearing Obama say things lke "Republicans gotta stop just hating all the time". We don't want a McCain who will simply sit there and take that insult, we need someone who will fight back. In my opinion, we can do a lot better then Trump.

"Both sides have crazies but the Repubs. Have gotten way worse."

I really hope Trump is a temporary phase. Remember, 75% of Republicans are supporting someone else. When more of those "someone elses" drop out, the anti-Trump vote will consolidate around a Rubio or a Cruz or a Christie, and Trump will go away.

Is Trump more of a kook than Bernie Sanders? Trump is more of a jerk, he's more bombastic. But Trump's policies and ideas are far less crazy, in my opinion, than Bernie's.

I am embarassed that Trump is where he is. I cannot begin to argue with you there, you are absolutely correct.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 11-06-2015 at 09:00 AM..