View Single Post
Old 11-17-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence View Post
I think the Ecomonist said it best when they wrote that the bill should be passed so that it could be fixed.

When people realize the GOP wants to take their pre-existing conditions away there's going to be a revolt.
Posted from my iPhone/Mobile device
"I think the Ecomonist said it best when they wrote that the bill should be passed so that it could be fixed."

And people who are guided by common sense rather than blindly following one ideology...would say that if the bill effects one-sixth of the US economy (and every single citizen), perhaps we could iron out some of the bugs before dumping the garbage into our laps. There is more and more evidence that the administration knew the cancellations were coming, and that the website was nowhere near ready.

According to Spence, it was "best" for Obama to implement this law, knowing that (1) millions of policies would be cancelled, and (2) almost none of the newly uninsured would be able to get new insurance on the website.

Spence, enlighten me. How was that approach better than (1) implementing a law that was consistent with Obama's promises that we could keep existing plans, and (2) waiting until the website wasn't such a piece of crap?

"When people realize the GOP wants to take their pre-existing conditions away there's going to be a revolt."

Uh-huh, that's exactly what's happening all right.

Spence, we can all feel your knees shaking.