View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #13
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by detbuch View Post
Exactly. Force everyone to buy health insurance. And when that eventually fails, transition to "universal" government health care.
"Force drivers to have insurance in order to make sure they have insurance--really"

Everyone who drives, has a vested interest in sharing the road only with people who have adequate insurance. I worked in Personal Auto insurance, I've seen what happens to people who are hurt by drivers who don't have adequate insurance. Does the requirement limit freedom? Sure. So does the law that says I can't park in handicap parking spaces, but I don't quarrel about that, either.

"Exactly. Force everyone to buy health insurance. And when that eventually fails, transition to "universal" government health care. "

I make no claim to having any kind of viable solution. But while I was lucky to be born ailment-free, others are not so lucky, and I have no issue with all of us sharing the financial costs of un-preventable medical problems that some are born with. I'd rather pay to treat a little kid born with leukemia, than pay for someone to get food stamps that they trade for beer and cigarettes. That's my Catholicism talking.