View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 06:17 AM   #1
Jim in CT

Downeast center consoles?

Saw a really cool boat moored off p-town last week, it was a 20-21 foot downeast hull with nice high gunnels and an outboard, and a small doghouse which enclosed the center console.

I loved it. Always on the lookout for my dream retirement boat ( a 22 - 26 foot center console workboat, single outboard, lots of fishable deck space). There’s Something about that downeast hull design that I like. I don’t know too many downeast center console manufacturers. Any suggestions as to where to look?

Not looking for a boat you’d expect to be driven by a guy with a cashmere sweater tied around his neck. I want a boat I can get bloody, maybe something I can use to manage 10 lobster pots someday, if I have a few good years between retirement and the grave.

I’d love somehing around 24-25 feet that has that Maine, downeast, Calvin Beal kind of a look to it. Something like a Weber’s cove, general marine, somehing like that.

Judge yachts down on the Chesapeake look like nice boats, semi custom. Not sure you’d call them downeast?

Fun to look. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jim in CT is offline   Reply With Quote