View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #80
JohnnyD

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckman View Post
Let's just say you have a track record of distorting the facts as far as the Tea Party goes so as to belittle the movement. Why don't you explain your disdain for them.
When have I "distorted the facts"? It's fun to make accusations, but I'm curious as to any support for them.

I started the thread for two reasons: 1) A lot of people here continually boast about how big of a deal the tea parties are. That people should support them. Yet, none of those people went. 2) Because the people that I witnessed at the tea party are, for the most part, exactly as depicted by its critics. Old, white, conservative men.

Maybe you forgot this comment I made earlier:
Quote:
It was a very interesting experience. I agree with a lot of what the Tea Party Movement stands for at its core - fiscal responsibility. On the other hand, I think the message is lost within the people that make up the movement, who for the most part come off as complete nutjobs.

As much as I hate to say it, Karl Rove put it best:
"If tea party groups are to maximize their influence on policy, they must now begin the difficult task of disassociating themselves from cranks and conspiracy nuts," Rove wrote. "This includes 9/11 deniers, 'birthers' who insist Barack Obama was not born in the United States, and militia supporters espousing something vaguely close to armed rebellion."
The people Karl Rove talks about were there in full force and that's where my major criticisms originate - that and a large number of people wearing Palin 2012 shirts.