View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 09:59 PM   #7
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe the plumber View Post
I never would have known this stuff even existed,let alone make such an impression on you.I appreciate you sharing that with me.One other thing I took away from this post.
Music was impressed on me at a young age,thanks to my much older sisters.Your dad must have been or still is a hell of a guy.
Thanks, that means a lot. I once heard a quote, there are two kinds of music, good music and bad music.
My Dad was an awesome, guy and although he never played an instrument he was a HUGE musical influence on me. we sat and listened to music for hours. Harry Belafonte, Stonewall Jackson, Della Reese. when I was older, I would blast Zeppelin or Hendrix and he never put it down.
My Dad was an avid runner and believe it or not, his favorite band in his walkman was AC/DC. I had let him borrow a tape once and he loved it.
Most people dismiss country as hick music, but these guys listened to jazz and blues and were great players. If you believe the Ken Burns Jazz documentary, Charlie Parker ( to me the greatest jazz musician ever) used to put $ in the jukebox to listen to Hank Williams and other country songs because he loved the words.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all
RIJIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote