Thread: Trump vs Amazon
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 01:49 PM   #34
Pete F.
Canceled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
"When Obama did that the economy was in a tailspin, when Trump did that the economy was and had been growing. There is a big difference"

Yes there is a difference. But if there is a difference, why did you think it relevant to post stock market performance by president? Answer - that statistic makes Obama look good. But using your logic, after th ecrash Obama inherited, stock increases aren't the same as stock market increases after Trump.

The economy was not in a tailspin for Obama's last few years, yet he left quantitative easing in place. How come? And how come you aren't concerned about the ramifications?

Let me answer for you...as long as Obama was in office, the right thing to do, is whatever it was that Obama did. Since Trump took office, the right thing to do, is opposite of whatever Trump did.

Is that about right?
It's not what he does it's the consistent BS, I think he believes if he says it, it becomes truth.
How about one of his recent speeches on his standard subject to talk and do nothing about, Infrastructure.
2:09 p.m. — Trump begins with a reference to his election victory: “What a group. Remember, you can’t win unless you win the state of Ohio, right?”
2:14 p.m. — Trump falsely claims that a California project to replace a section of existing border wall...is indeed his own wall project...“We started building our wall. I’m so proud of it. We started. We started. We have $1.6 billion. And we’ve already started. You saw the pictures yesterday, and I said what a thing of beauty. And on September 28 we go further. And we’re gettin’ that sucker built. And you think that’s easy? People said, ‘Oh, has he given up on the wall?’ Nah, I never give up."
2:16 p.m. — Trump says the U.S. has been treated better on trade by its enemies than its allies: “Frankly our friends did more damage to us than our enemies."
2:24 p.m. — Trump falsely claims, “We got rid of the bump stocks. The bump stocks now are under very strict control.” His administration’s proposed ban on the firearm device has not been finalized.
2:34 p.m. — Trump falsely claims that he was opposed to the Iraq War “from the beginning.” He haltingly supported the war when radio host Howard Stern asked him in 2002, saying, “Yeah, I guess so. I wish the first time it was done correctly.”
2:35 p.m. — Trump appears to ad-lib a major foreign policy declaration that is at odds with his administration’s stated policy—claiming, with no details, that he will withdraw the U.S. military from Syria “very soon.”
“And by the way we’re knockin’ the hell out of ISIS. We’ll be coming out of Syria like very soon. Let the other people take care of it now. Very soon. Very soon. We’re coming out."
2:36 p.m. — Trump falsely claims, for the ninth time in office, that the U.S. has spent $7 trillion on Middle East wars...Trump then says, “Nobody ever heard of the word trillion until 10 years ago.”
2:39 p.m. — Trump expresses confusion about all of the judicial vacancies that greeted him upon entering office: “I don’t know why Obama left that. It was like a big beautiful present to all of us. Why the hell did he leave it?"
2:45 p.m. — Trump says he does not know what a community college is. He says community colleges should be called vocational schools, though those are entirely different..."use vocational, because that’s what it’s all about. People know what that means. We don’t know what a community college means.”
2:54 p.m. — Trump says America’s infrastructure is “like, in many cases, a Third World country.”
2:58 p.m. — Trump tells workers: “You’re restoring pride in this country again. Our country had very little pride. Look back. See what was happening. Our country had very little pride.”
2:59 p.m. — “Even look at Roseanne! I called her yesterday! Look at her ratings! Look at her ratings! I got a call from Mark Burnett, he did The Apprentice, he’s a great guy. He said, ‘Donald, I called just to say hello and to tell you, did you see Roseanne’s ratings?’ I said, ‘Mark, how big were they?’ They were unbelievable! Over 18 million people! And it was about us! They haven’t figured it out! The fake news hasn’t quite figured it out yet! They have not figured it out! So that was great. And they haven’t figured it out. But they will. And when they do, they’ll become much less fake. May take a while, but it’s happening.”

Frasier: Niles, I’ve just had the most marvelous idea for a website! People will post their opinions, cheeky bon mots, and insights, and others will reply in kind!

Niles: You have met “people”, haven’t you?

Lets Go Darwin