View Single Post
Old 05-07-2018, 12:10 PM   #40
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Agreed, the economy has gotten better under Trump but we'll never know where it would be under Obama.
"I hate the guy for what he says and how he acts"

Could not agree more. I also hated the way Obama acted and hated most of what he said (though he was not nearly as crass of vulgar as Trump). Been a long time since I was proud of a POTUS.

"w/o the dates you can't tell where Pres. Trump was elected so it appears that the overall trend is basically the same. Pres. Trump or Pres Obama - the empl. rate trend hasn't changed much "

That's true. But Trump has to get some credit for doing something to allow that trend to continue. Obama didn't do anything that would lead anyone to expect that the trend would continue on its own.

"the economy has gotten better under Trump but we'll never know where it would be under Obama"

True, we can't know what the economy would look like if Obama or Hilary were in there. We don't know what it would look like had Romney won. All we know, is where it was when Obama left, and we know that by most honest measures, it's better now.

I also know that my take home pay is $250 higher per month. Many, many people saw similar results. We know that's because of tax overhaul. It's been a good thing for my family. Obama would never have signed it, never.