View Single Post
Old 10-19-2022, 09:43 AM   #23
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Was it inarticulate and meant to be a compliment or mean spirited?

I'm guessing a compliment.

Was this meant to be a compliment or a mean spirited insult?
"Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done.”
"Was it inarticulate and meant to be a compliment or mean spirited?"

I have no idea, I'm not a mind reader. Is it the only time Biden ever accidentally said something that might be considered offensive to blacks? Why did Biden say to a roomfull of blacks, "Republicans want to put y'all back in chains"? Why did Biden say "y'all" to that audience? Would he have said y'all to a room full of whites?

How about when Biden said "you ain't really black if you're not supporting me"?

I have no idea what Biden's intentions were.

"I'm guessing a compliment."

Naturally that's your guess.

Is that other quote Trumps? I don't know that one. Again, I'm not a mind reader, I don't know what his intent was.

So I say, let's come up with one common standard that we apply to all politicians. Either both those quotes are OK, or they're both offensive. I'm OK with whatever standard we want to come up with, as long as it's applied equally. Personally, I think we all need to thicken our skin and talk more about policy results and engage in less character assassination, but again, if we want to say these things are bad to say, fine, but apply the same standard to everyone.

But here on this forum, you guys will always do what you did here, give the benefit of the doubt to the democrat, and always assume the worst about the republican. And obviously there are plenty of republicans who do the same exact thing, but I don't think there are any here. The blind, rapid partisans who think their side is always right and the other side is always wrong, those are al liberals here. I don't know of any conservatives who are that thoughtless.