View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 01:45 PM   #13
RIJIMMY
sick of bluefish

Also Wednesday, as part of the follow-up to the State of the Union speech, Vice President Joe Biden went to Indiana to tour Ener1 Inc., which makes batteries for electric vehicles and received a $118.5 million Recovery Act grant in 2009. Other members of Obama's Cabinet went to destinations in Missouri and South Carolina.

"Members of the Cabinet will travel throughout the country to highlight the pillars of the president's remarks, visiting companies and schools that are already engaged in cutting-edge ways to innovate and accelerate economic growth," a White House statement said.

"This week and throughout February, the Cabinet will discuss ways to win the future through investments in innovative technologies and research, strengthened educational opportunities, and cutting-edge approaches to manufacturing and modern infrastructure."

maybe I have too much faith in capitilism, but if any of these ideas were good ones, venture capital would be flooding in to fund them. I was in California in the late 90s and we had 70% turnover in my company beacuse everyone was leaving to join dot-coms. That was all driven by investment $$$ from people looking for the next big thing. That money is still out there and people are always looking for the next big thing. I really doubt that Obama admin could stimulate growth in innovation. Sounds nice, but not realistic.

making s-b.com a kinder, gentler place for all