Thread: Flynn
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 04:07 PM   #52
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnR View Post
But I do not see a post-election transition team discussing things with the RUS as colluding. We do not have verifiable proof the DJT "colluded" with RUS to rig election or hack influence (like Wikileaks). The Mueller investigation has not provided proof that there was collusion.
At this point I don't think it's the point of the Mueller investigation to provide proof for anything beyond what they have indicted. Certainly these plea agreements are not given as get out of jail free cards. They are evidence that further indictments are justified for more severe crimes.

There's also plenty of evidence that does indicate pre-election collusion did occur. Even if it wasn't substantial we do know for a fact there were attempts to collude with Russia and Wikileaks (i.e. Russia) to influence the election.

Roll this together with the Turkey connection to kidnap a dissident, attempts to influence US policy at the UN and lest we not forget Manefort's earlier efforts to set GOP policy relative to his cash payments...there's a lot to go on. Even if it's not 100%. And there's no Russian trickery in that calculation.