Thread: Kavanaugh
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2019, 04:54 PM   #50
nightfighter
Seldom Seen

Everyone in Washington is scum. And it is a result of where they have chosen to spend their professional lives in their working lives, making decisions related to their career advancement, NOT the result of how they spent their social time at college.… I am not about to condone rape, assault, or other morally wrong predation, but... it is the onus of a victim to come forward and state an 'attack' took place, is it not? Given the widespread coverage of the MeToo movement, one would have to think that any woman (or man) who had long ago been the victim of such an attack, that they would have used that platform to come forward...
I was in a large, rowdy, jock fraternity at UMass in the late 70s. Hell, I ended up president of the thing.... So I saw plenty of chit. And dealt with the PD when necessary... The MeToo movement had me racking my memory bank, believe me. Drinking blurs the lines. But heavy alcohol consumption was the norm of the time. This was discussed at a recent funeral of a fraternity brother that was heavily attended by my house and the widow's sorority sisters. We partied and played HARD... But that was not what has made us who we are or have become professionally. And that is what concerns me more when considering a candidate for POTUS, Senate, Congress, SCOTUS or an employee. Not how they partied in college...

Last edited by nightfighter; 09-17-2019 at 05:13 PM..

“Americans have the right and advantage of being armed, unlike the people of other countries, whose leaders are afraid to trust them with arms.” – James Madison.