View Single Post
Old 06-06-2011, 08:31 AM   #8
"Lou"

Results

Well it was a fantastic day on Saturday, crisp air, slight breeze & beautiful scenery. I launched around 8:15am and fished until around 3:30pm. That ended up being a LONG time to stay in the seat for, but it was all fun. I managed 2 fish, a small fluke and an almost keeper (I think, I didn't measure) striper, which is my first striper from the kayak.

I threw a plethora of things, pink, blue, & schoolbus jointed bombers, assorted topwater popers, swim shad, yo-zuri crystal minnows, deadly #^&#^&#^&#^& and more. The only ones that seemed to draw interest was the pink bomber which had a few follows but no takes, and the sebile magic swimmer that I caught the bass on.

It was a learning experience to say the least, the current really rips around there and you really have to pay attention to keep your drift right. The most frustrating thing was all of the LARGE bass I saw but couldn't hook. Some must have been WELL over 36" as they looked like they could have eaten mine for lunch. It's a really neat place to fish, the water was so clear I could see to the bottom even in 10 feet or more of water. The water was a long cleaner on the incoming tide, and much more weedy on the outgoing tide I noticed.

One other item to note was the huge number of mating horseshoe crabs I saw everywhere. I've never seen that many horseshoe crabs in one place in my life, there were literally hundreds.

Thanks to all who gave advice, and if anyone else was in c-town on Saturday I was the guy in the red pungo. I probably saw 5-6 other kayak fisherman there during the course of the day.

Tight lines

-"Lou"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P6040175.jpg (192.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg P6040179.jpg (195.5 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg P6040185.jpg (225.7 KB, 15 views)
"Lou" is offline   Reply With Quote