View Single Post
Old 04-11-2013, 06:01 AM   #22
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete F. View Post
I have not done the research to see if they were convicted, served the time, etc. Perhaps you believe that anyone who commits adultery should be stoned or have an arm cut off for theft, oh wait I think that perhaps I have confused you with Islamic fundamentalists.
Perhaps we should make flagburning a crime or speaking out against the president, I will defend your right to do either and my right to shun you if I feel you deserve it or support you if I think you are correct.
Having said that and worked in a college enviorment I will admit that most of the adults there do not fit into the old adage that if you are young and conservative you have no soul, but if you are old and liberal you are a fool.

I prefer this one myself:“Political tags — such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth — are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire. The former are idealists acting from highest motives for the greatest good of the greatest number. The latter are surly curmudgeons, suspicious and lacking in altruism. But they are more comfortable neighbors than the other sort.”
― Robert A. Heinlein
You want your kids taught by someone who dedicated most of her adult life to carrying out violent acts against white people who played by the rules and succeeded and who hurt no one?

This woman was a known terrorist. She pled guilty to the charges in this case, and was granted parole after 20 years.

"Perhaps you believe that anyone who commits adultery should be stoned..."

Yes, because that's exactly what I said. Because I said adultery is the same as plotting to blow up innocent civilians, right? I said adultery is the same thing as terrorism, right? Adultery is the same murdering multiple police officers during the course of a robbery? Yes, I claimed that those are the same things, right?

You stated that you did no research on whether or not this woman is guilty of this crime. OK. What reserch did you do, to conclude that I would believe that adulterers deserve to be stoned to death? Please explan, we are all waiting for you to share that research.

Please respond to the things that I actually say. Please try and refrain from putting radical, idiotic words in my mouth.

This is what the thoughtless and brainwashed do. I say that terrorists who kill multiple police officers have no business teaching our kids at prestigious universities, and you somehow, somehow, interpret that to mean that I think adulterers should be stoned to death.

That kind of intellectual dishonesty is what thoughtless people do when they have lost the argument, but aren't adult enough to admit it. I'll give you credit, at least you didn't call me a racist.

You worked at a college? I'm shocked, absolutely shocked. Too bad while you were there, you never learned how to have an honest discussion.

Last edited by Jim in CT; 04-11-2013 at 07:37 AM..