Thread: Jerry Sandusky
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2011, 02:27 PM   #35
Mike P
Jiggin' Leper Lawyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dad Fisherman View Post
He's not, even the Police stated he did the legally right thing....right now the argument is whether he did the Morally right thing by making sure he followed up on it instead of just leaving it alone.

it was reported to the head of the athletics department and the head of the Campus police....they sat on it. Now when Joe saw that they sat on it...should he have taken it further up the chain or called the police? that is where the Morally right comes into play. He didn't do anything and that was wrong...and that is why he was fired.

I think McQueary is more Guilty than Joe and if he is still there should be shown the door also....he actually witnessed it and was OK w/ the whole "Ahh, we told him he couldn't bring kids on campus anymore" That's a serious WTF moment if there ever was one. Why didn't he persue it w/ the police either.

to many people screwed the pooch on this one

Anybody involved is going bye bye...the university is in severe damage control right now.
Did you ever stop to consider that the reason the campus cops, the AD, and possibly even the university's president "sat on it" was because Paterno told them to sit on it?

I did. And I'll go you one better. I'd be willing to make a small wager on the fact that the reason the DA dropped that 1999 investigation without charging Sandusky---who was caught on tape by the investigating detective basically admitting what he did--was because Paterno, either personally or through his influence with the PSU administration, told the DA to squelch it.

You're being very naive if you think that the AD, the campus cops, and even PSU's president were Paterno's "superiors" out there. Yes, in theory they were. In practice, Joe ran PSU.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools, because they have to say something.
Mike P is offline   Reply With Quote