Thread: Fishing reports
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2017, 11:07 AM   #75
Steve K

I like this thread and I would like to keep it going:

It was only my second time out fishing this season because I have been too busy selling and buying a house. I was on BI the last week of July and there were pogies on Crescent Beach during the day. I had never seen that before. On Sunday night during the new moon and right before the nor’easter and I had teen size stripers on every cast for two hours. They were aggressively feeding on large pogies. I stopped counting at 15 fish and lost around 10. I was exhausted and secretly hoping it would end but there was no way I could leave until it stopped. The seas were really big which kept the fish in close for the first three hours of the outgoing. I could tell the fishing were moving to deeper water because toward the end the fish were hitting the plug as soon as it hit the water. I was completely alone and it was pitch black out which made fixing my broken headlamp an impossibility. My headlamp strap malfunctioned causing the light to cover my face but I could not stop to fix it while fighting fish. When I did stop it was too dark for me to figure out what was wrong with. I spend the night with the strap whipping my head and the light slowly slipping down in front of my eyes. My boot became untied and filled up with sand but I did not notice until it was really bad. I live for nights like this which are a total blast. Glad to see so many teen size bass around.
Steve K is offline   Reply With Quote