View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 07:31 AM   #187
scottw

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIJIMMY View Post

You could believe in god and not be religious. Religion is man made, run by man, all rules created by man. I've studied religion all my life, fascinated by it, but I can never follow an organized religion. I know to much.
I dont for a minute believe someone who is religious is morally better than someone who is not or someone who is an atheist.
FACT - Catholics believe that the sacrament of communion is the ACTUAL body and blood of JC, not a symbol, but actual body and blood. That every mass an ACTUAL miracle takes place and the host is turned into body, then you EAT the body of JC.
Thats the fact.
My opinion? Anyone that believes that is insane. Period. Thus I feel intellectually superior to most hard core catholics. (ps. most catholics dont believe that and dont follow many church rules, but its a FACT that the church does believe and teach that)
So, to each his own.
which god do you believe in? do you believe in the God of the Bible? if so, what would you know of him without the Bible? There are many "man-made"religions that place their "faith" in many forms of "higher power" and not necessarily in a god...if you believe in the God of the Bible, do you study religion through the Bible or the Bible through religion..there's a difference...and do you apply that study to other "religions"...there is a difference there as well....if you believe in the God of the Bible, do you believe that he created you and all that you see? If you accept that remarkable ability ...do you not believe that wine and host could not be the body and blood of Jesus and representative of his sacrafice, is it insane?....I'm pretty sure that Jesus was quoted as saying "this is my body..... this is my blood....do this in memory of me"..I'm happy to provide the full quote should Spence request it.....do you believe in Jesus as Saviour?...what do you hope for when your time here is concluded and do you think any of it is tied to what the Bible teaches? I ask these questions because many of the things that you say seem contradictory when it comes to your belief....maybe you know too much

Last edited by scottw; 03-02-2012 at 07:45 AM..