View Single Post
Old 03-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #199
spence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim in CT View Post
Spence, I admit I cannot find a quote attributing that to Obama. Now, will you show us the same courtesy? On the Romney dog thing, yuo said putting the dog on the roof says something about Romney's character. But when asked about Obama's character in terms of Rev Wright, you said that you need to consider the good that Wright did, before yuo make any judgments about Obama's character for associating with him. And for the record, you supplied zero evidence of any good done by Wright (who is a snake that got fabulously wealthy by peddling in hate), you just said you "bet" he's done some good things, too.
Big difference between strapping a dog to a roof and making a provocative remark to get your parish to think. I've listened to a number of his sermons, he's pretty interesting.

Quote:
Spence, when you said something about Romney's character, why were you willing to makwe judgments based on one bad decision in isolation? In Obama's case, you said we need to consider all the good in connection with the bad. Why don't yuo offer Romney the same courtesy?
He strapped a dog to his car.

Quote:
Lastly, Spence...If Mr Chu said he wants our gas prices to be as high as Europe's, and Obama picks this guy as ENERGY SECRETARY of all things, it stands to reason that Obama is on board.
No it doesn't. Obama has been consistent in his statements that higher gas prices hurt Americans and in his entire first term hasn't raised the Federal Gas Tax a single penny.

The proof is in the pudding.

-spence