Thread: Ocean closed
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2013, 10:49 AM   #19
Saltheart

In fact people now vote for those who will put the most government money into their pockets. The days of doing what is good for the country and the people as a whole are now gone and only Me Me Me comes into the thinking when people vote. Promise them everything for themselves and they will flock to the polls to vote you in , even if it brings the country down around our ears. This is not Dem or Repub , this is across the board abandonment of what people thing is "right" for what people thing is "personally profitable". Forget truly noble causes or basic right and wrong , we are now governed by people who can't even talk civily about fellow leaders. Senators calling members of the house radicals and nut bags. Sorry to say it but we have totally lost it!

I do believe that Obama , the Republican and Democrats in congress are all trying to make every political situation as painful as possible for the American People for political gain. Philosophically I agree they should all be voted out and new people with concerns for the good of the country elected in their places. Reality tells me that every congressman in RI will be reelected by a land slide by the gimme , gimme people we have degenerated into.

Saltheart
Custom Crafted Rods by Saltheart