Thread: plug id needed
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 08:18 AM   #24
NIB

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchmaster
Thanks Nib,
We don't see many versions of needle fish lures back here and I understand about fitting lures to fit a niche. It's a great observation of a builder who saw a need and decided to see if he could create something for that need.
In Montauk there are many rocky bars or points with sweeping current an a good drop off the edge of these reefs.I will often have a few different size an weight combonations in my bag.Sometimes a larger (heavier) one is needed to get the job done.Sometimes I light one floated in the rocks is all u need.When u get it right it can be very good with 50 fish nights not unusuall.That word reminds me of tom jones.
I prefer thin tailled needles to thicker ones.I think they resemble the bait better.tough to get the lead in there though.i don't like pokin all them holes in the belly there's not alot of wood to begin with.I think that it can comprimise the strenght of the wood.BM showed me one that broke on a good fish.in that spot where u have the eye, the hook hole an the lead hole u really only have a few toothpics holdin everything together there.I guess thats why Donny Musso went to plastic.
NIB is offline   Reply With Quote