Thread: crickets...
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 05:00 PM   #229
detbuch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Stripers View Post
Handguns are likely never going to be banned, nor do I think they need to be, but the laws in states making it easy to pick them up and bring them to chicago or NYC where individuals can't meet muster need to be tightened up.

The only way that can be tightened up is to ban handguns in every state. Still would leave smuggling from other countries.

Health care ties into all of this, because the suicide rates could come down if the proper care was available and the drug issue goes hand in hand as well.

Those issues are their own, and controlling guns does not heal mental health or stop drug abuse.

The assault rifle discussion is logical, as it's the only likely ban that could even be considered; although I'm guessing the lobbying power of the NRA will make even that a long shot.
As I said, the AR type with its more potent emotional reaction is the next logical step down from fully automatic to semi-automatic. After that is accomplished, and the number of gun deaths is barely reduced, what's next?