View Single Post
Old 01-12-2022, 10:28 AM   #9
Jim in CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulS View Post
Since the right to vote is prob. the most important thing we can do as a citizen, Biden prob. got fed up w/states trying to prevent citizens from voting by passing voting restrictions in an attempt to prevent people from voting (Intent).

It is crazy to pass a law that says you cannot give someone in line waiting to vote a bottle of water. How about opening (instead of closing) more voting places so people don't have to wait in line so long that they actually get hungry/thirsty.
As I understand it, the law only prevents candidates and their campaigns, from handing out water. Polling places can have water and food, it just can't come from a campaign. I agree it's a silly rule, but also not a big deal, how many people are dying of dehydration in November while standing in line to vote?

I think more voting places is a great idea.

And I think the liberal opposition to showing ids, is horsesh-t.

If you found a bunch of professional problem solvers who had zero political affiliation, and asked them how to make sure voting is honest, the first thing they'd say is "in person voting when possible, with id verification".

It cannot be racist to require id, unless you make blacks follow a harder process to get the id, than whites.